July 21, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 7/21/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here ...

... about my trip to Vegas as my "Theme Week:  Vegas Baby" comes to a close ...

... so I won't (ish).  After all, millions of dollars have been spent on the marketing campaign that actually is repeated in the above banner in the gate as you are boarding your departing flight.  [Of course, you can kind of review my posts since this past Tuesday and put some pieces together -- and no, I did not visit any wedding chapel and no, I did not win enough money to upgrade to first class and/or charter my own flight home, and yes, I did observe, but did not necessarily participate, in some Vegas style jack-douchery.]

Instead, I'll focus my complaining on the gentleman who sat in front of me on the flight home from said trip and who insisted on reclining his seat for every single moment of the flight (when prompted by the flight attendant, he simply raised it up until she left and then put it right back in my space) ... which is why I adjusted that cold stream of constant air to blow on your neckline for the whole second half of the trip.  After all, if you hadn't been so hoggish in wanting to have your space and some of mine, that air nozzle stream wouldn't have reached you (and special thanks to American Airlines for allowing to be positionable).

Hey old man -- since you chose to constantly recline into my space, I chose to be a vindictive sombitch. Uncomfortable, wasn't it!

CHECK OUT A CASE STUDY ON THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN THROUGH THIS LINK:
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Insights/Awards.aspx

SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEAS FOR AIRPLANE CABIN ETIQUETTE:
http://www.independenttraveler.com/travel-tips/travelers-ed/the-etiquette-of-seat-backs-and-elbow-room

ONE CAN FIND ANYTHING ON THE WEB -- GET YOUR OWN AIR NOZZLE PARTS:
http://www.seiho.com/product/index3.html


No comments:

Post a Comment