June 15, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 6/15/12

Looking back at the summer of 1992, it was one of those times like on a soap opera when they bring in a whole new set of writers and all the characters' existing storylines quickly wrap up and they embark on new paths (and believe me -- comparing my life to a soap opera isn't so far off from the truth some days).

School wasn't going so well, and I needed a break -- and my cousin's theater company filled that role nicely.  Although that whole story had some darker underpinnings (spoiler alert:  it doesn't end well for my cousin), for an optimist like me who is almost always interpreting his glasses to be half full, there were some life changing positive moments -- to name just a few:  my temporary move to Uniontown, my meeting the person who would become my surrogate grandmother (JoAnn) and my getting to travel ...

... to places like the Magic Waters Theater in Chillicothe OH (run by the lovely Brezius couple), where we got to present on the stage in this picture, an amphitheater in the middle of the woods in a campground.  I don't have any pictures of Greater Tuna, the show I did with Lonnie B (hiding behind Greg B in this photo), but I do have this one that I think was from directing(?) a performance that the two of them did of The Odd Couple.  As I slowly make my way back east, I find myself tonight in Cincinnati and the closest I've been to Chillicothe in some twenty years.  Funny how the storylines of our lives play out (cue music and the dulcet tones of MacDonald Carey:  "like sands through the hourglass ...").

No comments:

Post a Comment