May 16, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 5/16/12

To bug out or to bug in:  that is the question.

Used in a sentence:  "What with all the drama surrounding NATO in Chi-town this weekend, I feel like I need to decide ... to bug out or to bug in:  that is the question."

First, thanks to Billy S (or whomever was nom de plume-ing as Billy S when Hamlet was writ).  Second, thanks to shows like NatGeo's Doomsday Preppers for jumping on the end-of-the-world bandwagon to bring me fascinating folks who take things to the extreme with underground bunkers, and insect eating and food hoarding -- plus the requisite bug-out plan for leaving the remnants of civilization to ultimately outlast it OR the bug-in plan for keeping out your hungry neighbors who might want at your ten year old food supplies -- at least until the nuclear rain or whatever passes.  (Third, thanks to Erik S for giving me two MREs some twenty years ago ... that's the plan for the last supper in this apartment should the end of the world be nigh.)

[Don't get me wrong -- I love a countdown.  (NOTE:  There are 219 more days until the Mayan Apocalypse, by the way).  I love one so much that I used to sneak a little blue handheld radio in to the bed of my youth to listen to Casey Kasem's year end countdowns each new year's eve.]

And with early mostly nonviolent protests already happening this week, it's just a question of how to escape the mayhem if all the roads are closed ... or how to keep the doors and windows locked if the red line does get blown up by anarchists.  One way or another, my goal is to avoid the "slings and arrows" and "a thousand natural shocks" that might be awaiting me in the next few days ...

TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM ...:
http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/not-that-question

IT'S BEGUN!:
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/middle-class-guy/2012/may/16/nato-protests-just-part-chicagos-anti-establishmen/

BUG OUT or BUG IN ... YOU EVALUATE AND CHOOSE:
http://www.captaindaves.com/guide/bugout.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment