May 8, 2012

Random Tune(s) for Tuesday 5/8/12

So much to say and so little time -- and it's my own fault for having a backlog on my DVR ... first, an explanation for why there are three tunes today.  Long story long -- after having seen the premier of one of my favorite reality shows back in February, I had a DVR mishap and missed episode two.  It then took me quite a few weeks to gather up the equipment (thanks QVC for the newer laptop and thanks Igor for the HDMI cord) and the courage to leap into the future and watch the missing episode via the interwebs and on the TV.  But I finally did, which means I can now catch up on all the legs of the 20th Amazing Race (I know the season ended on Sunday -- so no spoilers please -- please don't tell me who won)!

Second, my Amazing Race Aside for the second episode (the heretofore lost episode to me), inspired the randomly paired Sinead and Evita's "Don't Cry for me Argentina" link below.   And can I just say that it is sad to see clowns felled by long division, that a watched teapot never whistles, that it is a pretty strong wind to blow out a bus window and that this episode combined with this generation's Sonny and Cher show (a-separated-yet-still-partly-in-love-yet-clearly-broken-up-for-a-reason Jenny Lopez and Marc Anthony on Q'Viva) has convinced me that all Argentinians have the same haircut (and that one of those soccer twins must be Argentinian by background).

Third, my Amazing Race Aside for the third episode, which opened in front of an honest to goodness Rubber Tree (hence the Laverne and Shirley shout out of a link to a tune that represents my only other knowledge of a rubber tree that didn't involve someone decorating a tree with prophylactics):  And can I just say that there's clearly a poor-southern-folks pecking order as the KY boys made fun of the MS ladies (again, that's KY for Kentucky and not for a lubricant and MS for Mississippi and not for the disease for which my FB connections' publicly announced birthdays in the month of May are raising money for the foundation that studies it [I think that sentence got away from me]), that the Jersey boys looked like they were playing a violent game of dodge watermelon, that the twins who I thought were at least partially Argentinian a moment ago now seem to be distant relatives of Brian Austin Green, and that I'm looking forward to real summer weather just so I can say, in whatever drawl I can manage to muster ... "it's hotter than new love, baby"!

Fourth (and finally for tonight), my Amazing Race Aside for the fourth episode, where the taste testing of 14 different kinds of Italian salami reminded me of the classic O Sole Mio link below (although the Harpo Marx harp scene was new to me, I'm sure it's a classic in its own right).  And can I just say that what with the ease with which they feed product placement into these shows, there surely was a missed opportunity to place some mental health meds as products in whatever scene Brendan's girl was in, that the lights over the piazza in Italia sure looked like something I saw for sale at Ikea this past weekend, that there never was an explanation given for the Santa convention that appeared to be in town at the same time as the race, and that I so miss Bonnie Hunt's talk show, as I would have enjoyed seeing her tearfully interview the border patrol team who gave some of their prize to the KY good ole boy with the daughter who had high medical bills back home.

Can't wait to power through the remaining episodes (while trying to stay ignorant of the winners)!

I DID NOT EXPECT THIS COMBINATION BUT IT'S NOT SO BAD!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2shR99NnwCA

HIGH HOPES ... HIGH APPLE PIE IN THE SKY HOPES!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltx_C5UeOe4

A CLASSIC DOES A CLASSIC (EVEN IF NEW TO ME)!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzdKElgyDI


No comments:

Post a Comment