May 7, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 5/7/12

Gone but not forgotten:  Adam Yauch.

I was lucky enough to see the Beastie Boys in an unbelievable concert in an intimate show at the Riviera here in Chicago on September 26, 2007.  Oddly enough, it was a "work" event of sorts (I do so enjoy my job!) as I attended with a kid who worked in my office, and as we saw a student who was prepping for the LSAT that Saturday in the row behind us (the report of which is in the picture if you expand it  ... next to a CASSETTE of Licensed to Ill {what with me being old school on all}).

But my earliest memories of these Boys were driving around Lebanon, cruising the strip with my best friends. Being so old, it was all about "She's Crafty" and "Brass Monkey" back then -- until the video for "Sabotage" replaced those recollections (... listen all y'all ...) and then the giant robot of "Intergalactic" from the concert that night almost five years ago.  Good times ... and part of the soundtrack of my life ...

He who encouraged us to fight for our right to party and to yell out no ... sleep ... till ... Brooklyn ... (Brooklyn) ... even when we had no intention of travelling to Brooklyn ... you will be missed.

THE SET LIST FROM THAT NIGHT:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/beastie-boys/2007/riviera-theater-chicago-il-73d64649.html

THE REVIEW FROM THAT NIGHT:
http://www.concertlivewire.com/beastie1.htm


AN NPR TRIBUTE TO ADAM:
http://www.npr.org/2012/05/07/152182630/the-nation-the-legacy-of-adam-yauch




No comments:

Post a Comment