May 10, 2012

Random Thought for Thursday 5/10/12

I am not the type to embrace a fad just because everyone is doing it -- as a matter of fact, I tend to run the other way in those situations.  I bought cassettes from Columbia House until they stopped offering them ... and CDs from BMG until they closed their doors.  I have never drank the i-koolaid, and if I wear labels of any stature, it's definitely unknowingly.  I don't want to wait in line to get into a bar to wait in line to get a drink, and I choose my own media consumption for my own reasons, thank you very much.

I resisted joining Facebook until my milestone high school reunion was being planned on it, and I block all game apps to remove them from my newsfeed.

Until now ... I just added "Words with Friends" to my mobile phone, and I'm  somewhat addicted.  To those of you who are slowly playing a game with me (I've been playing since last weekend, but have yet to actually finish a single game) -- thank you for providing new fun for me.  I can say, as of the moment I type this -- it is collectively YOUR TURNS!

A few other notes:

1.)  Be warned.  I had Word Wealth with Mrs. Mills in both 9th and 12th grade, so vocab is my friend.
2.)  On the other hand, don't take advantage of me -- I may have played Scrabble once or twice, but that's it.  So the learning curve for any "strategery" on my part is advancing slowly.
3.)  I am playing on my phone -- so Oprah and the Glee kids won't let me participate while I'm driving, and my employer would rather I only move my tiles around while I'm on break, or lunch or not logged in.  So that's the reason for any delay on my part -- what's yours?
4.)  Said phone is not an i-phone (as I stated above).  So I'm not sure if it's restrictive, but I've got an Android.
5.)  I'm adventurous.  It's only a matter of time before I play 'QI'.  And, to date, my best play was the word JETE for 99 points.  (That was actually a happy accident in selection of tiles, but rest assured I now know that JETE is a ballet term.)

So ... find me ... play me ... be my friend with whom I will share words!  I'm looking forward to it!!

OPRAH KNOWS IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED YET:
http://www.oprah.com/questionaire/ipledge.html?id=4

CATCH UP AND GET YOUR OWN WEALTH OF WORDS:
http://www.amazon.com/Word-Wealth/dp/0030657156

YOU TOO CAN LEARN TO JETE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrVF5DLfw4


No comments:

Post a Comment