April 24, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 4/24/12

Time is just flying right by.  Here it is the last Tuesday in April, which makes this the last tune I'll add to my occasional series Creepier than Intended for awhile.  And, in this exact circumstance, I am full on blaming Chris Hansen and that marathon of "To Catch a Predator" that was on the other day.  But when I recently heard this classic Carole King penned tune, I felt like we were inside the mind of the creep trying to keep himself from acting on his feelings ... and bonus creepy points are to be given for finding a 50+ year old Donny Osmond singing the lyrics ... and bonus bonus creepy points for the duet he did in this youtube video with his child self!  These words and this song will never be the same again:

"Go away, little girl.  Go away, little girl.  I'm not supposed to be alone with you.  I know that your lips are sweet, but our lips must never meet.  When you are near me like this, you're much too hard to resist.  So, go away, little girl.  Call it a day, little girl.  Oh, please, go away, little girl, before I beg you to stay.  Go away."

EXTRA CREEPY POINTS SINGING IT AS HIS AGE IN A DUET WITH HIS YOUNGER SELF!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9E1zr0t10&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment