March 28, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/28/12

Build Profiler.

Used in a sentence: "It turns out I may be a bit of a nervous flier -- which now manifests itself as I find myself almost subconsciously becoming a build profiler as I survey the passengers before we launch."

Meaning ... I scope out all those on the plane to determine on whom we will collectively rely if something goes wrong. Like today, for instance, that giant man that spent most of the flight pacing the aisles because he didn't seem to comfortably fit in the seat -- he gets to sit on the person until the authorities arrive. And that young-un who was seated next to me and was apparently separated from the rest of his college soccer team, you (and your crew) have to make the first move (it's the price you pay for being young and athletic and impetuous). I don't know that you can count on me for much of anything now that I've aged -- but I do have a world class stubborn streak in case that becomes relevant to our plans.

Oh -- and hipster boy -- first, I do believe those are ladies' jeans, and second, could you do me a favor and document any potential incident with your instagrams? Thanks!

Mind you, I do have some humanity. I haven't advanced this behavior to do any profiling for any bad guys (you know, like those who wear hoodies) -- although based on all of the recent stories, it seems like the "bad guys" might be pilots and other over-stressed airline staff.

By the way -- these comments aside -- I've arrived without incident and my spring break has commenced!

SO THERE'S THIS GUY:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/travel/jet-blue-flight-diverted/index.html

AND THERE'S THIS LADY:
http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/09/10623880-ranting-flight-attendant-reportedly-subdued-by-passengers

BUT NOT THIS IT PROJECT:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jip/

No comments:

Post a Comment