March 9, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 3/9/12





[Bear with me ... I'm midway through my flashback to LVC's Barefoot in the Park from 1992 -- here's pic 3 of 5 (with credit to the Lebanon Daily News photographer visible).]


This photo was accompanied by the official local review, which said nice things about my "ease of delivery ... with just the right touch of self assuredness", about co-star Brigette C's "bouncy ... and completely convincing portrayal" of the new wife and about how Shawn W and Sarah T (who joins me in the picture) "[rose] to the challenge of playing roles by actors who are less than half the age of their characters".


As I recall, this was one of my two favorite scenes -- returning from a night out, drunk on uzu. (The other was a fight scene shortly after this where I got to clear the coffee table of its contents, at one performance flinging pieces into the front row as if it were a Gallagher show.)


Good times ... good times. And a foreshadowing of sorts, as I was to actually make my return to the same stage (albeit one that was remodeled thanks to the goodness and the dollars of the Leedy family during the interim) in just a few years in another lawyer role (everyone remember what they were doing on the night of January 16th?)! But that's another flashback for another set of Fridays in another few years ...

No comments:

Post a Comment