February 26, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sudnay 2/26/12

What Chicago is talking about this week:

We may be a Bulls town, but even we can't escape the Lin-sanity.

Of course, from a personal point of view, I have to translate it to something else, since I'm the guy who flunked gym class his senior year (only technically -- for not following the rules or missing too many classes without making them up or something; thankfully, Mr. Heilman did not take a stand and keep me from graduating) -- so long story about to get longer, I was more the bookworm than the athlete (more Brick, less Axl -- for those Middle fans).

As I've aged, I've come to enjoy the more individual sports (like watching one of the Klitcshko boys boxing [never both against each other, as they promised their momma], or a little MMA or some old fashioned golf -- {tangent: I might be a visionary or just a little touched, but what if we merged MMA and golf? Can you imagine 18 holes where the greens are the caged octagons, and the playing partners must battle it out irrespective of the outdoor conditions? Birdies and eagles and albatrosses could all be the names of new holds -- maybe leaving out "hole in one" from the MMA-Golf vernacular just because of the close proximity of the bodies involved.} -- but try as I might, I've just never enjoyed basketball.

But hey, I can apply the "asian persuasion" factor to other competitions I enjoy. (By the way, that's the closest I'll come to walking the inappropriate line as others have done -- and some have failed miserably.) After all, I am routing for Paul to win Top Chef this week (and thought he should have been the winner from the get-go). And George Takei is bound to add flavor to this year's Celebrity Apprentice {tangent #2: Is it me or does Victoria Gotti's face look like the crystal alien skull from the last Indiana Jones movie with just the smallest bit of skin stretched over it?} And it's why I'm hoping that HeeJun Han lasts many more rounds on American Idol (yeah, I still watch that show -- so what? I'm a fan of Steven Tyler)!

So where was I? Lin -- he's a good player, right?

RACIAL SLURS THE NEW HOT TOPIC:
http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-jeremy-lin-racist-remarks,0,7513941.story

WATCH THIS SHOW!:
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-middle

I THOUGHT HE MIGHT HAVE JUST BEEN A CHARACTER, BUT HE MAY BE SINCERE:
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/

No comments:

Post a Comment