February 25, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 2/25/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... as much as I try to avoid commercials as I deal with my television addiction, every now and then a few will slip through.

And I've railed before about how companies seem to be using cartoons to sneak in disturbing images (like the bears obsessed with toilet paper on their hairy rears or the recent baby-poop-explosion pageant) -- to which I now need to add the latest advert I've seen for Cinnamon Toast Crunch that seems to be promoting cannibalism. Or at least I think that's the message they are sending, as one "Crunch" perches on the edge of the bowl and goes "fishing" for another "Crunch" that is submerged in milk by overextending a tongue that would make even Gene Simmons blush until he gets one of his brethren to latch on -- and then he eats him.

[And that's the one I'm confident diatribing today. I'm also exploring what appears to be a live action shot in another advertisement of the President's daughter selling Oatmeal Squares -- and I understand that they need employment too (a la instant journalists Chelsea and Jenna), but surely there's a better way to seek employment ... (by the way, it appears to be President Josiah Bartlet's daughter that is pouring the milk right into the box). Plus I'm trying to solve the mystery of what I think is a menopause drug that seems to be subliminally suggesting an accordion of some sort in its branding.]

Regardless, someone tell Santorum about this Cinnamon Toast Crunch situation -- stat. As I understand it, he is just the type of person who can help spread the word about how this cartoon marketing campaign will turn our children to cannibals if we don't step in soon! And even though I can't quite imagine a link between this and bestiality, I have every belief that he can connect those dots for America (as he seems to play "six degrees of bestiality" the same way that the rest of us play "six degrees of Kevin Bacon").

Oops. Just typed the word "bacon". Have to end this post and go get me some.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS CONCERNED:
http://unconditionedresponse.blogspot.com/2012/02/cinnamon-toast-crunch-crazy-cannibal.html

I DO SO LOVE AN AARON SORKIN MASTERPIECE:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/17/ew-reunions-the-west-wing/

HAVE PRESIDENTIAL PARENTS AND JUST ADD WATER -- INSTANT JOURNALISTS!:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/nbc-hires-chelsea-clinton-former-first-daughter-joins-164258738.html

No comments:

Post a Comment