February 10, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 2/10/12



Another month ... another 20 year old shot of the cast of a show I was in during one of my most active actor-y phases.


As I mentioned in the first post recalling the year 1992, my involvement with a relative's theater group set in motion a number of subplots throughout this year that played out in many different unexpected ways (some darker than others) ... but at this stage of that story, things were all hunky-dory- peachy-keen as I got to play Buddy Baker in Niel Simon's classic "Come Blow Your Horn".


And it was fitting for that time in my life, as the character in this play branched out on his own, moved in with his older brother and went through a transformation into the man he was going to become. (I got to wear my high school glasses for the first act, and then symbolically shed them by act three -- much like I had done in recent real life back then.)


And a special shout out to co-star Darren Lindsay. He was to play the role of big brother for me (in real life, not these shows) for quite a few years after our first meeting back in early 1992 -- helping to influence me as I was also slowly growing into the man I would one day become.


[Final note ... there was clearly no budget for costumes in this performance, or maybe that was the character's choice?]

No comments:

Post a Comment