January 29, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 1/29/12

What Chicago is talking about this week:

[First ... remember just yesterday when I was complaining about armchair ethicists practicing moral philosophy from the safety of the social media ... well I'm about to engage in a little of that myself, so I'll have to temporarily suspend my concerns about that behavior -- but it's just for a quick minute.]

Sadly, it's the "duct tape daddy" that has our goat this week, as his bail was reduced enough that he could leave jail and as he's promised us a "statement" this upcoming week. If you haven't heard, it's a 21 year old who bound and gagged his 22 month old daughter with duct tape and posted it on the old Facebook with the comment: "This is wut [sic] happens wen [sic] my baby hits me back. ;)".

Apparently, the wink emoticon was supposed to let the world know that this was just a joke. So, applying that same logic, my response is: "For the special few like the "duct tape daddy", I think we should consider forced sterilization as a punishment. ;)". [Note my use of the wink emoticon as well -- so maybe I'm joking. Maybe. But I might be serious.]

THE PICTURES (ONE OF HIS BABY ... ONE OF HIS MUG SHOT):
http://globalgrind.com/node/822449

WITH LOWERED BAIL, NOW OUT OF JAIL AND READY TO RELEASE HIS STATEMENT:
http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-father-accused-of-duct-taping-daughter-released-from-jail-jan28,0,7649284.story

HELP PREVENT CHILD ABUSE:
http://www.preventchildabuse.org/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment