January 6, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 1/6/12





Happy New Year 1992!


And so begins another year of flashing back twenty years (to the first year of my twenties) -- which was a year of great transition for me. A major catalyst for many of those changes was my involvement with a theater group that my father's brother's son ran ... which started off innocently enough with a performance of "A Turn to Glory" with this cast in Columbus Ohio.


I played Greg, the best friend of an up and coming star high school wrestler who was needing to learn a life lesson about pride coming before a fall (Jonathon on the far left in this photo) -- if I recall all the details from the January 1992 show. And I do vividly remember that I stole the scene from him with my look of anguish at having betrayed him in order to save him ... which in turn led to a very brief period of time where I had an agent (kind of). In hindsight, it's a little amazing how this involvement affected so many other aspects of my life ... but that's another story for another Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment