January 7, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/7/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... time waits for no one. I can no longer say that I'm in my thirties. I have decided that I can say "I'm barely in my forties" (and I'll milk that for as many of the next years as I can get away with it). But no matter what wordplay I use, the following things have recently reminded me that I'm old:

1.) I now know all the dead people during every awards show "in memoriam" segment.
2.) Tom Cruise's son is now a respected DJ at parties.
3.) If I continue to vacation like I'm auditioning for the Jersey Shore, I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation when I get home.

But there is some good news. First, the final analysis of the 2010 census changed the categories of life stages in that whereas twenty years ago, Americans moved from kids to teenagers to young adults to middle-aged to seniors ... now, we follow the following path: kids to tweens to teenagers to starting adults to established adults to middle-aged to active adults to seniors to oldest old. Basically -- that allows me to still exist in the "established adults" category for a few more years, effectively postponing my middle age!

And the best news of all -- regardless of how many decades I have under my belt, I feel like I could live forever what with all the love and support and well wishes and a few youtube videos that were sent my way today. My smartphone is tired from sending me all the notifications (and I think the people at the pool this afternoon found it to be very annoying), but I am very happy to have gotten each and every one. Thank you!

DJ C-SQUARED IS HIS MONIKER:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2011/12/30/20111230tom-cruises-son-connor-lands-dj-gig-nye.html

NEW LIFE STAGES FOR AMERICANS:
http://www.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaedition/2011-08-10-1Acensusturningpoints-CV-_CV_U.htm

QUOTES FOR THE OCCASION:
http://www.bdayquotes.com/40th_Birthday_Quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment