January 27, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 1/27/12



I have two more pics from the 1992 Hebron Church Winter Retreat. And this is part 1 of a 2 parter as it represents the climb up the mountain that was referenced last week ...


And since there's not much to flashback to in this particular photo (other than the rocks and the snow and the youth doin' the climbing), I thought I'd take the time to think about how Hebron really did play a role in me becoming who I am today.


After all, from publishing the monthly Hebron Herald (a church newsletter I did from the youth perspective while I was in high school) that was a harbinger for how much I'd be writing in my adult life ... to it playing a role in one of my running away attempts (not the one where I put all my Hardy Boys books in a sheet, put all on my socks and walked to the local Hills to spend all my bible school money on gumballs -- nor the successful one in March 1989 -- just one of the ones in between) that would speak to my eventual independence ... to the time I got to spend "paying it forward" by being a camp counsellor or a helper or a performer at special events ... my connection to the church was key in my formative years.


So thanks to any and all that played a part in welcoming and instructing and guiding me during those years!

No comments:

Post a Comment