November 2, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 11/2/11

Hitting for the cycle.

Used in a sentence: "Beware the urban dictionary and its assorted levels of inappropriateness, but apparently the innocent baseball phrase for getting a single, double, triple and home run has been bastardized in multiple ways -- I'll let you do your own research on the urbanized 'hitting for the cycle' (where it gets creepy and then unexpectedly focused on all kinds of body fluids and solids) and just bastardize it my own way for this week's Amazing Race Aside".

Four things I learned on this past episode:

1.) Single-most takeaway after watching this show for many seasons --never choose the option that puts you in a foreign marketplace as it's always more challenging.

2.) Doubly upsetting to me was the resurgent bro/sis team being rude to the elderly couple -- once on the trail and again practically pushing them off of the rug!

3.) Triple winners by technicality makes the snowboarders look like either the luckiest team ever or the team that is gleaning all the karmic benefits from playing the game as the nice guys.

And, what a home run concept to put things in perspective by having teams make toy trucks out of cartons and bottle caps and wooden dowels for Madonna's future adoptees in Malawi -- it kind of reminds me of when I happily played with my Matchbox cars of my youth using the roots of the back yard tree as my only accessories.

SEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/

PLAYERS WHO HAVE HIT FOR THE CYCLE (THE MLB DEFINITION):
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/history/rare_feats/index.jsp?feature=hit_for_cycle

THE KARMIC ONES (I HOPE THEY DON'T GET A COMPLEX THOUGH):
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/63359

No comments:

Post a Comment