November 1, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/1/11

There's just one cassette filed under the letter V in my eccentric and eclectic collection (I'm almost done with this alphabet task for 2011) -- and it's not Van Halen, or VanWinkle, Matthew or his alter ego Vanilla Ice. It is, however, an a cappella group from Mt. Holyoke in Massachusetts known as the V-8s (which featured my surrogate sister Wendy Woodward back in the day). I couldn't find the exact line-up that appears on my tape, but I do see that they are still going strong and showing up on the youtube (and I kind of wished I'd had seen them competing on The Sing-Off in one of its three seasons). I decided to choose a current hit instead of a 90's classic ... so enjoy ...

V is for V-8s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rRD_y6y08

No comments:

Post a Comment