November 13, 2011

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 11/13/11

What Chicago is talking about this week:

This wonderful weather. It's mid-November and it's in the mid-sixties and all the windows in the apartment are open to take advantage of those warm 40mph winds. And this while we're all awaiting what we've been told will be the worst winter weather in Chicago -- ever. (I might have to refer back to this post to warm me up in a few months ... we'll see). I do feel a little guilty since I have friends back home that tricked and treated in snow this year, and all I have to do today is dodge the projectile fallen leaves that have become mini airborne missiles.

I have one last selfish request. Since I go to sleep each night already thinking about my trip to the tip of Florida this upcoming January, can I please ask that the frigidity be in place by then to make that trip all the more meaningful!

Speaking of Florida, I'm actively looking for suggestions to get out on the water for this trip (after having a memorable experience in the Everglades in 2011). And speaking of getting out on the water, that reminds me a little bit of Lake Malawi, as featured in last week's Race (yep, it's my Amazing Race Aside for the week) ...

Three things I learned from last week's episode:

1.) "Finding a hair on an elephant's butt" might be the Aussie equivalent of "needle in a haystack".

2.) Malawi seemed a lot like Chicago -- overcrowded, SRO buses, bikes getting run off the road right and left and tons of kids out and about who look like they should be in school.

3.) Giving out instructions while under pressure can be a chore for anyone -- hence the dating duo's struggle with "this is how you turn it -- you put the thing in the thing"!

WINTER WEATHER PREPAREDNESS WEEK STARTS TODAY:
http://www.examiner.com/weather-in-chicago/winter-weather-preparedness-week-november-13-19

I THINK THIS MIGHT BE MORE FOR THOSE IN THE 1% ...:
http://miamiwaterlifetours.com/

OTHERS THOUGHT THE PHRASE ODD AS WELL:
http://offcolortv.com/?p=6362

No comments:

Post a Comment