November 12, 2011

Random Posting for Penn State 11/12/11

1.) Question: Does anyone know how to turn back the clock, so I can recapture the feeling I had exactly one week ago during our bye week --or, for that matter, to those fateful first few days of March 2002 so everyone involved could have made different decisions?

2.) Commentator comment that made me groan: If only I had stuck with my first plan, which was to watch the game without sound today, just to escape the non-stop barrage of sadness inducing news -- but since I didn't, I'll just conclude that it doesn't feel like today's a day for even a modicum of snark.

3.) Commentator comment that made me giggle: Again, seeing as how it's more like Somber Valley today, I'll take the day off from giggling as well.

4.) Stat of the Day: Eight -- the number of known victims allegedly abused by Sandusky. This will play out for years, and no matter where you fall as you process this scandal, everyone agrees that they deserve our thoughts and prayers.

5.) Final Thought: I'll defer my final final thought until I post my usual Saturday soapbox rant later today, but it does strike me that, with all due respect to those involved, today should be about the seniors, playing their last home game in Beaver Stadium. To that end, the interim Penn State President's comments that aired at halftime seem apropos: "We will not return to business as usual, but we will move forward. We are ... Penn State!"

THE TIMELINE --> AN EARLY SENSE OF WHO KNEW WHAT WHEN:
http://www.freep.com/article/20111107/SPORTS08/111107069/Penn-State-scandal-Timeline-events-Jerry-Sandusky-sexual-abuse-case

RODNEY ERICKSON's STATEMENT:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/38258/psu-interim-president-issues-statement

RAINN --> THE NATION'S LARGEST ANTI-SEXUAL VIOLENCE ORGANIZATION:
http://www.rainn.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment