October 5, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 10/5/11

All I really need to know, I learned from television.

Used in a sentence: "All I really need to know, I learned from television. (Oh right, it already is a complete sentence -- oh, and it goes without saying, but my apologies in advance to Robert Fulghum.)"

I returned to work today after two extra days off this week (have to use up those vacation days before the end of the year, especially since my next big trip is now in January 2012), during which I was able to catch up on some of the items on my television list. And so, I returned to work today more knowledgeable than I was last week. To whit:

Thank you to VH1's oh-so-bad-it's-good Ton of Cash, for teaching me what a "carabiner" was, since it was featured in a recent prove-your-worth challenge (of course, if I was actually out climbing mountains instead of holding down the regular spot on the couch, I might have learned it another way -- but I'll take on new vocabulary words wherever I can get them).

Thank you to NBC's determined-to-survive-the-loss-of-Steve-Carell The Office, for reminding me what "planking" was (although I believe I was exposed to it before when it was a thrill seeking death defying stunt for today's youth who would lie down in the middle of the road on the dividing line -- a little bit distanced from the sight gag that I saw).

Thank you to Lifetime's so-sad-it-was-already-cancelled-as-I-seem-to-have-a-new-appreciation-for-her-crazy-take-on-funny Roseanne's Nuts for educating me on the 24hr urine test as it relates to collecting data for hormone therapy replacement (and should I be concerned that I have tingling extremities all too frequently in my middle age?).

CARABINER PARADISE:
http://www.promotionalkeychains.biz/carabiner-keychains.html?source=google&a=2&gclid=CPej2Jfj0qsCFUdrKgodNGgdXw

PLANKING PARADISE:
http://www.geekosystem.com/best-planking-pictures/

URINE TEST PARADISE:
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/urine-test

No comments:

Post a Comment