October 22, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 10/22/11

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I need those late night extended heartbreak commercials to choose a better soundtrack for their message.

And before anyone takes this out of context or skims this to the wrong phrase and misunderstands my point or gets confused overall because I tend to write plenty of run on sentences full of parentheticals with lots of clauses and often times unrelated thoughts (I sound like a Republican candidate for President blaming the lame-stream media there, don't I?), I think that abused and abandoned animals are categorically worthy of saving, that bloated African bellies are almost insulting to see in the context of our country of waste and that little children born outside of America with cleft palates deserve to have simple surgery to be able to smile.

What I don't like is being woken up from a deep sleep by a ghostly oooh---oooh---oooh noise, as happened last night when I forgot to have the TV turned off before I fell asleep. It's probably that time of year (or the return of The Walking Dead ... or that new American Horror Story ...), but my little old heart does not need to be frightened while I'm in a groggy state. I'm pretty sure the offensive commercial (again, offensive to me in choice of accompanying musical score, and NOT in content) was the cleft palate one. I wish only smiles for those poor children, but, as selfish as it may sound, I also wish to be alive to see them smile!

DONATE (FUNDS OR A MUSICAL CHOICE) IF YOU SO DESIRE:
http://www.saveasmilefoundation.org/donate.html

IF THIS DOESN'T TOUCH YOU, YOU MAY NOT HAVE A HEART:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc

IT's PERVERSE and SCARY and CREATIVE and WHAT YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/ahs/

No comments:

Post a Comment