October 23, 2011

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 10/23/11

What Chicago is (NOT) talking about this week ...

... for being one of the cities currently under occupation by the 99%, coverage of the protest movement seems to be limited to a story or two about the mass arrests of those who are trying to turn the public park into a tent city.

I'm not wishing for riot gear or police dogs or water cannons, but what with Chicago's rich history from the disturbances in '68, I guess I would expect just a little bit more out of the movement. (Not that I was here in '68 -- and I mean that quite literally in that I didn't move to Chicago until 2001 and, furthermore, I didn't outsmart my momma's IUD until mid '71). [My apologies for the mental image that briefly flickered across your mind ...]

I guess it will just be something to watch (from a safe distance), as I can't afford to take unscheduled el trips to the protest site as I'm living paycheck to paycheck and hadn't budgeted that expense into my plans.

SAYS MAYOR, THEY MUST EXPRESS THEMSELVES AND RESPECT THE LAW:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-18/news/chi-emanuel-says-he-consulted-on-occupy-chicago-arrests-20111018_1_mayor-rahm-emanuel-protesters-largely-peaceful-demonstration

THE YARDSTICK AGAINST WHICH I'M MEASURING THE EVENT:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/conventions/chicago/facts/chicago68/index.shtml

THE INTERWEBS VERSION OF THE "TRUTH" ABOUT IUDs:
http://www.mjbovo.com/Contracept/IUD-Truth.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment