October 22, 2011

Random Posting for Penn State 10/22/11

1.) Question: Do you think now that Wrigley is oh-so-quiet, I can open up my window and listen intently for the cheers for Penn State up at Ryan Field (google maps tells me it's only 9.1 miles away)?

2.) Commentator comment that made me groan: This is either attributable to the fact that I pretty much watched the first half of the game on a fast forward of sorts OR to the fact that, since it is a night game, I've already got a bit of a buzz on to watch in anticipation of a bar crawlin' evening out -- but I have not heard a groan escape my lips. Maybe I'm mellowing as the season goes on -- or maybe these two are just straightforward, tell it like it is, keep the ridiculous stats out of the discussion, here's what's going on down on the field kind of guys.

3.) Commentator comment that made me giggle: Redd and Green make a great team. If TBS can air "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on the first weekend in November and the stores can put out decorations shortly before Labor Day, I guess Penn State can surely bring a little holiday (color scheme) cheer?

4.) Stat of the Day: ONE, as in the number of quarterbacks that we've played so far (as of the time of this writing at the end of the 3rd quarter).

5.) Final thought: With how classy and polite and well mannered JoePa is, I'm just glad he doesn't feel an obligation to not ruin a university's homecoming by losing the game just to be nice (although there's still a quarter left).

AFTER ALL, WRIGLEY FIELD WAS NORTHWESTERN's FILED JUST LAST YEAR:
http://archive.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/wrigley-field-turned-into-northwestern-football-field.html

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM REDD AND GREEN!:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11216/1165035-143-0.stm

HOW TBS STOLE CHRISTMAS ANTICIPATION BY PLAYING THIS NOV 5TH:
http://www.tbs.com/movies/movietitle/0,,37806,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment