October 16, 2011

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 10/16/11

What Indiana is talking about this week:

Since I spent most of the weekend (which explains why I'm still a day behind) on a getaway driving around the next door nearby state (on the Lincoln Highway -- which I also have back home in PA -- to get from Gary to Ft Wayne, I-69 from Ft Wayne to Indy and I-65 from Indy back home to Chicago), I'll have to base this on all the billboards I saw. Although there were quite a few letting me know that Jesus is Real, I saw even more that had an electronic feature informing passers-by about the waiting time at the local ER.

And I got to tell you -- I'm a little perplexed. I'm used to the argument being that too many people are using the ER (particularly if uninsured) -- and so to see the ads encouraging you to stop by for a visit was a bit of a surprise. Admittedly, I'm just a little (openly) warped, but my first thought was to process that data and attempt to figure out if my odds of getting fast service had improved enough to determine that it might be a good time to get into an accident. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth it (and, no matter how enticing the billboard may be, may I recommend the same to you).

BILLBOARDS OR TEXT NOTIFICATION OF EMERGENCY ROOM WAIT TIMES:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38820121/ns/health-health_care/t/some-ers-post-wait-times-text-billboard/

GRADING INDIANA ER ROOMS ON THINGS OTHER THAN WAIT TIMES:
http://www.healthgrades.com/emergency-care-directory/emergency-rooms/in-indiana

THE DRIVE AROUND INDIANA:
http://geology.com/cities-map/indiana.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment