October 1, 2011

Random Posting for Penn State 10/1/11

1.) Question: As someone who is much more a fan of situational application of rules than taking an absolutist's stance, can I just ask Jay to reconsider his "we have a gameplan, no matter what" as it relates to how our QBs are played in the first half -- and when can we see the 3rd choice again please?

2.) Commentator comment that made me groan: Guy # 1 says "You got some outfits in the closet with pink and red, don't you?", to which guy #2 replies, "Pink is the new black". I'm sure the undertone of this exchange was that there's no room for sartorial discussion in football -- but come on guys, it's about breast cancer awareness month. Control yourselves.

3.) Commentator comment that made me giggle: I'm clearly childish (except when it comes to breast cancer awareness mocking), but, having not heard of this particular special teams situation, I chuckled throughout the education I got about a "peter call" -- although the wiki rumor is that it comes from the Bible verse "get thee behind me, Satan" (said to Peter) so maybe the joke's on me?

4.) Stat of the day: 53. As in, the game started with a temperature of 53 degrees in nearby Bloomington Indiana. As it should be on the first day of October, in my opinion.

5.) Final thought: Thanks to the ever present search to find the game here in Chicago, I've now found many channels on my Comcast digital tuner that I didn't even know existed -- like ESPNU at 405 on the dial today.

OFFICIALLY IN OCTOBER, THIS WEBSITE RUNS ALL YEAR ROUND:
http://nbcam.org/index.cfm

FIGURE OUT YOUR CHANNEL LINEUP COURTESY OF THE INTERWEBS:
https://www.comcast.com/Localization/Localize.cspx?Referer=%2fCustomers%2fClu%2fChannelLineup.ashx%3farea%3d0

REALLY? FROM THE BIBLE??:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the_peter_call_in_a_football_punt_return_come_from

No comments:

Post a Comment