October 1, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 10/1/11

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... Mister Craig, I need you to start cleaning up your list and holding people accountable.


I don't mind the missed connections section. After all, if that keeps the overly self-absorbed narcissistic ones too busy to be distracted by the reflective surfaces (whose placement they've memorized) while they are walking about the 'hood such that I don't have to worry about running into them, well then I think that's a perfectly fine activity for that batch of crazies.


And I'm not talking about the extremes, like the prostitution rings run off your site around here at the airport perimeters or even the occasional off kilter killer that can later be immortalized in a Lifetime movie. Because that behavior is just too unpredictable to police on your site.


But here's what I need you to do. Hold Big City Movers accountable for their lack of professionalism. I was on task for a side project today that was supposed to start at 8:30am --when their two men and a truck were to show onsite. An hour later, after multiple messages, I only got someone to answer when I called on a different phone and tricked them since they were monitoring their caller ID. They feigned ignorance (as they revealed incompetence), seemed surprised at the news and promised a return call -- that never came. By afternoon, we had found a competitor who used professionals and did what they said, showed up when they were supposed to and worked as they should. But it did interfere with my whole day's plans, so I still feel a little bitter.


I don't know enough Latin to translate caveat emptor into "browser beware", but I think a little "caveat craig" should become a new frequently used phrase. And I think Big City Movers should be banned for their bad behavior.


BEWARE -- OTHER NASTY SECRETS OF CRAIG's LIST:
http://www.wisebread.com/beware-the-nasty-secret-of-the-craigslist-free-section


LIARS! UNPROFESSIONALS!! IDIOTS!!! (not that I'm bitter or anything):
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/lbs/2617385489.html


IF THE SHOE FITS, WEAR IT AND THEN MARVEL AT HOW HOT IT MAKES YOU LOOK:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/

No comments:

Post a Comment