September 28, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 9/28/11

Doin' the finger slide.

Used in a sentence: "I'm a late bloomer when it comes to technology, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that I'm not up to date on the jargon, which makes people look at me funny when I try to descriptively explain the action I take to switch screens -- doin' the finger slide on my phone."

By the way, this is my second iteration of the phrase, as "fingering my phone" sounded like even a Supreme Court justice would recognize it as obscene.

I got the smart phone earlier this summer, and it took me until a month ago (just in time for the Beer and Bacon five course event night) to figure out how to directly post pics. Now I have FB active (expect a healthy round of increased "like" activity until I learn to control the power that comes from affirming others), and I even have my first cell phone game to play (Bejeweled isn't fancy, but it's a fun time-killer). Add that burst of activity to the Pandora that my nephew put on the cell a few weeks ago, and I will soon be one of those young automatons completely disconnected from any face to face social interaction and entirely engrossed in whatever's on my tiny screen.

I'll be doin' the finger slide nearly non-stop!

IT's BEEN ABOUT SINCE 2003 OR SO, BUT I'M NOW ON BOARD!:
http://www.gamespot.com/mobile/puzzle/bejeweled/index.html

OBSCENITY -- YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT:
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/obscenity.htm

I'M STILL ENAMORED WITH THIS EVENING:
http://www.paddylongs.com/paddy-longs-food/bacon-and-beer-tasting/

No comments:

Post a Comment