September 29, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 9/29/11

The future is now ... (or the future will be now in 449 days, when the Mayan calendar ends -- and, don't worry, I'm not selling my possessions and proselytizing on street corners -- I'm just fascinated by this planet's journey to the opposite side of the galaxy starting Dec 2012) ...

So ... the future is now ... as evidenced by the recent $2 million dollar federal program in San Antonio elementary schools that photographed kids' trays before and after they ate. Apparently, "digital imaging analysis will calculate how many calories each student actually consumed." It's all an attempt to gather data to address youth at risk for obesity and "the sugar".

So ... my future is soon ... as I'm now looking ahead to my 40th bday in about 100 days. I think it might be too ambitious to lose 40 lbs by my 40th bday, but it wouldn't hurt to get rid of about half of that by the time my trip to Florida rolls around. So, starting 10/1, I'll commit to the following:

1.) Only one Coca Cola a day (on stressful days, it may be a full 2 liter, but on normal days, it will just be one can).

2.) Dessert only once a week -- on Sundays! A day of sabbath -- a day of rest -- a day for Triple Double Oreos!

3.) A little more lifting weights at home. Those dumbbells shall be doorstops no more.

4.) A little more walking around the 'hood. (Not late at night when it's unsafe, but on my lunch break.)

After 48 hours of binge dessert-ing and coca-cola-ing, it's so on!

FANCY FANCY CAMERAS FOR NOT SO FANCY FANCY FOOD:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43006548/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/cameras-us-schools-record-calorie-counts/

I MIGHT HAVE TO UNFRIEND THEM ON FACEBOOK:
http://5to9branding.com/2010/11/15/what-coca-cola-starbucks-and-oreos-can-teach-you-about-leisure-marketing-on-facebook/

IT's JUST FUN TO GET CAUGHT UP IN THE MYTHOLOGY:
http://thecosmicheart.blogspot.com/2008/02/connection-between-milky-way-galaxy-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment