September 16, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 9/16/11



Twenty years ago (mid-September 1991) would have been the beginning of weeks of preparation, rehearsal and performance of the pieces that made up the fall play at Lebanon Valley College -- an evening entitled "Through a Shattered Looking Glass: An Evening of the Supernatural".


Oh yeah -- and I'm the one that did the "entitling", as it was my turn to direct a Wig and Buckle show at LVC. Over the next few weeks, I'll have shots of the bits and pieces of what went on -- starting with this group photo of just some of the huge ensemble cast.


The dance troupe that is featured prominently in this shot began the show in a midst of fog and lasers (choreography by Alison Rutter, fog and laser beams by Chris Anderson). I had been talked out of my original idea -- to have the dancers enter on zip lines from the sound booth over the audience in the Little Theater (I embraced the concept long before Hugh and Oprah, let it be known ...). But we still started the evening off as uniquely as possible ...


More to come in the weeks ahead ...

No comments:

Post a Comment