May 9, 2011

Random Memorial for Monday 5/9/11

Gone and apparently forgotten: Yvette Vickers.

It's actually a sad sad story. The B-movie actress from "Attack of the 50-ft Woman" was found dead in her home late last month and was probably dead at least a year before being found. So I say to you -- I've been posting now since June 2009 (not all of those have been back-loaded to the blog, though, as I need more rainy days and weekends without projects or a too-full DVR), and I sometimes miss a few days in a row when vacation or a busy workload or a drunken weekend interfere. But if I go more than seven days without a post, please do me a favor and send over the well-being-check folks.

Were I to die before I wake, I don't want to be missed!

[On another note, gone but not forgotten: this last season of Amazing Race (and my last Amazing Race Aside for a few months)!

It was so sad to see my two favorite teams place fourth and third respectively (Asperger and Samba do not mix! Communicating with cab drivers in your own country can be just as difficult -- or more so - than those in a foreign land!), but all props to the sisters for beating out the Globetrotters and announcing that they'll take care of their Chicago single mother with their winnings (on Mother's Day, no less).

Bring on the next season, as until then, this race will be missed.]

MUMMIFIED REMAINS (IS HOARDERS FAR BEHIND?):

PAST BLOG POSTS FOUND HERE (SEARCH AS YOU WISH USING THE TAGS ON THE SIDE:

ENTER FOR SEASON 19 WITH THIS APPLICATION:

No comments:

Post a Comment