April 14, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 4/14/11

It's actually a trio of thoughts influenced by my recent TV watching (boy I watch a lot of TV) ...


1.) I've complained about commercials that cross a line before (cartoon bears focused on bowel movement dinkleberries? animated boogers partying in your nose?), but can I just say exactly the opposite about the current ads for Snickers Peanut Butter Squared? I giggle every time the deep voiced shark says to the new test subject -- "eat both squares please".



2.) Between vacation and the week off for the ACMs, I missed my Amazing Race Aside for two episodes ago -- so can I just say, please pick up the special Indian Snapple, if only for Luke's sake (so sad ... but so happy that he listened to his mother and pushed through).



3.) Once upon a time, I thought that How I Met Your Mother was the new Friends, like 2.5 Men was (so sad again ... to use the past tense) the new Odd Couple, or how Conan was the new Jay Leno until Jay Leno was the new Jay Leno. But now I think HIMYM is simply unique -- and the new Happy Endings on ABC Wednesdays is the new Friends. It's so good to see Elisha Cuthbert again (the best thing from Scrubs' final spin-off-y season -- and yes, she was better than Franco's kid brother), to find out that Casey Wilson can redeem herself from that unsatisfying detour on SNL and to discover that the Wayans kind of funny gets passed down from generation to generation. On top of which, it closes out an evening of incomparable chuckles, laughs and guffaws with The Middle ("middle" repeated in a whisper to my chest), Better With You (with its often poignant relationship commentary), Modern Family (now I wonder -- was I sondheimized in college?) and the rotating extra comedy (sorry Cougar Town -- or whatever title you choose for your return next week).



LOVE IT:




LOVE IT, LOVE IT:




LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT:

No comments:

Post a Comment