March 15, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/15/11

On this date in 1989, I ran away from home (successfully -- I had tried a few times before but it didn't quite "stick"). It has been a path always surprising, leading me to adventure after adventure with a freedom to make my own mistakes and to experience all kinds of unpredictable circumstances. In a paradox of sorts, it's been a somewhat solitary endeavor ... made possible by the kindness, support and love of many. On this day, I specifically thank Jarrod S and his family (where I stayed the first night), Kerri G and her family (where I stayed the first week), Wendy W and her family (where I stayed for the next few years), Steve B (my employer who helped me take some of my first steps) and my sister Sherry G (who guided me every step of the way). But, ultimately, I thank all of you for sharing this special moment with me in a social media kind of way.

And ... here's a little song that makes me think about breaking away that day 22 years ago (although, admittedly, I just got out of the situation without resorting to pyromaniac tendencies as the story goes in this ditty) ...

SING IT, MARTINA!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-4ATH8DcM

No comments:

Post a Comment