March 5, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/5/11

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... here's a chance to help an organization that is looking to rectify the past crimes that occurred on a property in rural Virginia. Need more specifics while I crawl up on my soapbox? How about the goal of Dogs Deserve Better to buy the property that was once Bad Newz Kennels to turn it into a Rehab Center (for dogs -- not NFL players with warped psyches)!?

Look -- I know that Vick has rehabilitated his image with his successes on the gridiron this past season, but the fact remains that the twisted sport of dog fighting continues across this country (and he's forever a poster child from his past actions). And I don't want to hear anyone say it's a cultural issue that I just don't understand (or compare it to cock fights south of the border or any other "sport" that pits animal against animal for sick human bloodthirst satisfaction) -- because the fact remains that one of the early signs of a psychotic break in people's personalities is cruelty to animals.

And, yes, the Vickster's served his time and most of the dogs have been rehabbed as well (at least those that survived). Now's the chance to rally together as a team of concerned individuals to exorcise the demons that might still exist on this property and to create a mission of help and hope and proper care to a misunderstood breed. [And, speaking of demons, I sorely miss my American Staffordshire "Demon", on this third anniversary of his passing (you can see a photo or two in the "Raining Cats and Dogs" album on my FB page).]

Please consider donating to the cause at the link below -- or, if not, at least "like" the group on FB so that they can have a matching donor contribute the full amount of a possible grant (they're on a mission to get 999,999 likes).

[Not to water down my rant, but can I also just mention, since I'm late with an Amazing Race Aside for the second episode of one of the rare "classy" reality shows, that I've never seen so much "teamwork" so early in the season as I did last week?! So many groups working together in individual challenges has to come back and bite a team or two in the future, no? Those red headed cheerleaders will take a helping hand from anyone to get ahead!]

SUPPORT THE CAUSE -- WITH DONATION OR BY "LIKING" THEM ON FB:
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/ddbcenter.html

THE DOGS THAT RESPONDED TO LOVE AND AFFECTION AND POSITIVE ATTENTION:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/07/06/ST2008070602429.html

DEMON, I MISS YOU:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanstaffordshire.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment