March 19, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/19/11

Look, I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... when I open up the national paper and see a reference to where I grew up, I expect it to be something good.

So why is it that when I see Pennsylvania featured, it's about vino vending (more about that on Wednesday)?

And why is it that Lebanon, PA has some sensational murder every few months (now that the memory of our town halls during the presidential race has faded)? Are people that desperate to replace the Blue Eyed Six?

And tell me, please -- when I see my high school alma mater name checked in an article, why, why, WHY (!) is it about a lawsuit over the charging of a parent around $27000 for a truant child?

At least the attempted extortion/parent-accountability-fine/collection efforts were for a good cause. Apparently, the courtyard that was once the stomping grounds for seniors who behaved (what was that special hall pass named again that let you go outside?) will soon enough be an enclosed area connecting the three rings that created my high school circus.

I know that time marches on, but we city folk were always told that we missed out on a school swimming pool (like the rich suburb kids' school had) because the administrators chose the stone facing around the building. Can't the pool be first on the list of ways to spend the beaucoup bucks received from the truancy fines so that we can right the wrongs of the class warfare that came before us?

SEE THE ARTIST's RENDITION OF THE NEW ATRIUM:
http://www.lebanon.k12.pa.us/docs/2010/newsletters/2010FAllNewsletterforWEBSITE9.27.pdf

IT ALL STARTS WITH A 14% TRUANCY RATE FOR LHS:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/01/suit_targets_lebanon_school_di.html

IS EVERYONE COMPETING TO BE THE NEXT BLUE EYED SIX?:
http://www.sgtmajor.net/blueyed.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment