March 18, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 3/18/11

A new town is a blue town -a "who do you know" and "show me what you can do" town. There's no red carpet at your feet. If you're not tough, they'll try to beat you down in a new blue town.

A new town -it's not like the old town. You don't take long to find that you're in a cold town. But you know you can lick it. Didn't buy [hold high note] a round trip ticket to this cold cold new blue town.

Well nobody asked me to come here, and nobody asked me to stay. Made up my own mind and I know [hold even higher note] that I'll find my own way.

Since that first day when I said, "Hi town". They've damned well tried to make me say "goodbye town" ... but I won't leave until I make it my [hold really really high note] town they'll see!

This one-horse-two-bit-hick-of-a-new-town ain't gonna lick me.

--from LVC's The Pajama Game, performed in the spring of 1991, a rare time I sang on stage--

[And, here's this week's Amazing Race Aside -- if I was singing in China like on last week's episode, I would have sung "PIG" as I put my wish in the Zodiac thing. (Even though I was born in 1972, the year of the Rat, the Chinese New Year is a lunar calendar, and so my January birthday was still in the 1971 Year of the Pig.) And may I posit that, although the eyes are the window to the soul, the wish that you write down to share with the world is also a peek into that same soul. Look back at last week's episode to see who wrote wishes for others, and whose wishes were selfish. My decision to route for teams like Mallory and her dad and the Cowboys was affirmed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment