March 21, 2011

Random Memorial for Monday 3/21/11

Gone but not forgotten: when it was safe to tell AT&T what I actually thought of them.

I don't think it was a coincidence. On Sunday, I heard that AT&T was buying TMobile -- becoming the biggest player in the market. That same day, I got an update informing me that my AT&T Terms of Service were changing and now included this paragraph:

• Abusive Treatment: We have added language that allows AT&T to terminate the service of customers who repeatedly harass or abuse our employees.

They didn't provide the legal definition of the phrase "repeatedly harass or abuse our employees", but I'm thinking back to those multiple phone calls I had so far this year where I was ... um ... let's say ... very clear ... about the ineptitude of most of the employees with whom I had been forced to interact until I actually got what they promised.

[But one small victory ... Jewel has returned to providing a "fake" preferred card if you have forgotten yours (I'm sure not as a direct result of my recent post, but you never know).]

Phone calls from before the bully-tables got turned, you will be missed.

THEY'RE NUMBER 1:
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=147107

EVEN CONSUMER REPORTS SAYS IT IS THE WORST:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9200279/_i_Consumer_Reports_i_ranks_AT_T_as_worst_U.S._carrier

AT&Ts OWN WEBPAGE IMPLIES THEY STOPPED CARING IN 2005:
http://www.corp.att.com/history/milestones.html

No comments:

Post a Comment