March 22, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 3/22/11

Tonight ... the letter F. [And, remember the rules for this occasional series are that I must have the song in my eccentric, eclectic and extensive cassette collection. Plus I have to be able to find a video on youtube for the tune I choose.]

So ... Bob -- sorry, don't have Falco in my collection, so no "Rock Me Amadeus". And ... Brandon -- I couldn't find the BFlat music channel on youtube, so I can't pick any of your original songs from the cassette I have from college.

Instead, here's a song that always revs me up (and, honestly, one for which I had to look up the lyrics because I don't really know what's going on besides all of the drums). With a little research, it now all makes sense as it apparently originated as a song they played for sound check.

And -- the really random part -- this video is a mix of the official one with a performance of the USC Marching Band on Solid Gold in 1980. I just couldn't resist it.

[(c) -- 150 in, I hope these lyrics don't ring too true.]

F IS FOR FLEETWOOD MAC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duv66-jnfi8

No comments:

Post a Comment