December 14, 2010

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/14/10

It's the holidays!

What better time to listen to the haunting melody of Greensleeves (having read Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising series during my formative years, it's a song that carries an additional mystical meaning for me). I couldn't find the Garth Brooks version on youtube, but it didn't take long to "settle" for Martina McBride instead. And, although I rarely double link on Tuesdays, I added the Jingle Cats version of the same song in a mash-up with Hava Nagila below. (And [warning: severely outdated pop culture reference ahead] like those who buy the clothes of Kathie Lee or the sneakers of Nike and have to live with the guilt of knowing underage kids made their products, I feel a little dirty in that I remain unconvinced that animals weren't hurt in the making of that version of the song.)

All the same, Happy Holidays!

IF YOU LIKE A LITTLE MARTINA McBRIDE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9cbEHjvPs&feature=fvw

IF YOU LIKE A LITTLE MANUFACTURED TORTURED CAT NOISE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iClHpepBY1I

No comments:

Post a Comment