December 13, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 12/13/10

Gone but not forgotten: the most recent season of the Amazing Race.

[So I committed to a weekly Aside with my posts since this season started. Tonight, I turn it over completely to the concept ... which I guess makes it a full on Amazing Race Ramble instead.]

I'll admit to having a bit of race-envy, and as I watched the final episodes of this season, I kept on putting myself in the situations in which they found themselves:

The last time I went on a white water rafting ride like they did in Korea last week, I was on a work outing with McDonald's 20 years ago! [Tubing in northern PA with the family at the hunting camp doesn't count as that pace was too leisurely.]

The last time I was in a helicopter like the racers took to beat LA traffic, I was looking over the city of Palmyra with Jakey at one of their town fairs!

The last time I was on a bungee swing, I was bundled up with Selman and Bennie at Cedar Point on the Ripcord!

The last time I came close to decorating a float was when I marched with the Cub Scouts in the Jonestown holiday parade as a dalmatian (although I don't think we had a vehicle on which we could ride)!

The last time I was in a taxi with someone who didn't speak English was actually just one week ago in NYC!

The last time I saw Bob Eubanks, he was hosting a series of "best game show moments" on TV!

The last time I had to piece together where I had been while vaguely recalling people wearing hats was the morning after I celebrated getting/keeping a job with my company by bar-hopping this fall.

And the last time I won a million dollars like the first all-female team was ... never. That's a shame!

This recent running of one of the best reality shows on TV, you will be missed.

RIPCORD!!:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/challenge_park/ripcord.cfm

YOU CAN BOOK BOB AS A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER (WHOOPEE!):
http://www.bobeubanks.com/

PHIL RIDES ACROSS AMERICA (summer of 09):
http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2009/03/01/the-amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-will-ride-across-america/

No comments:

Post a Comment