October 26, 2010

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/26/10

This could be the very definition of random (and certainly belongs in the occasional series Country Music has the best ... lyrics ... ever!) -- a song that appears out of nowhere in my head every so often (especially depending on what I did the night before). And, with a little research, it looks like it might all trace back to a country version that was on the charts in 1981 (when I was nine!)? Below is the link to the Rovers singing about how ... "Could've been the whiskey. Might've been the gin. Could've been the three or four six-packs, I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in! My head is like a football. I think I'm going to die! Tell me, me oh, me oh my -- Wasn't that a party!"

THE CAT WAS TALKING BACK, LONG ABOUT THEN, EVERYTHING WENT BLACK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVPu5v_S0Lk

No comments:

Post a Comment