August 1, 2010

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/1/10

What Chicago is talking about this week:

A nearby mobile home is bound to be featured on the Animal Planet show on animal hoarders.

In what I believe is the closest trailer park to Chicago, two guys are doing nothing to improve the stereotype of the unknowns lurking therein as their abode was raided this weekend to save what could be saved of some 30 animals that had taken over -- cats, rabbits, snakes and frogs (not all of them still alive) whose collective stench forced the owners (currently missing) to take to sleeping outdoors.

Lest I be called a hypocrite, know that I'm an anthropomorphizer extraordinaire when it comes to pets in the family. One of the best things about visiting the family compound in Indiana (in addition to spending time with the relatives), is that I get to interact with the two dogs, three cats, one rabbit, one turtle and a few fish that share that space. And I don't forget that my Lebanon apartment in the late nineties included a ferret, a pit bull, a kitten and a box turtle as well. But at no time has the smell of those added family members driven me to sleep outside.

May animal rescue find good homes for those saved from this squalor -- and may I stay on the upward side of this slippery slope so that I am never seen on the other side of this news story.

WITH RESPECT TO GEORGE ORWELL, HERE's "ANIMAL TRAILER":
http://www.cltv.com/news/wgntv-elk-grove-dead-animals-july31,0,2326348.story

IT's RAINING CATS and DOGS FACEBOOK PHOTO ALBUM:
http://www.facebook.com/troy.neidermyer#!/album.php?aid=6452&id=1843633569

GO HERE TO FIND HELP FOR ANIMALS AND HELP FOR HOARDERS:
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/confessions-animal-hoarding/

No comments:

Post a Comment