July 22, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 7/22/10

Sometimes I think that I'm the inspiration for the phrase "too clever for your own good" (part 4).

Take my insistence on wearing a green long-underwear shirt to Six Flags one warm summer day in my youth in the nineties. My friends told me I would be too warm (the whole group went on this trip -- we were too disorganized to be a gang, too white to be a posse, and too worried about word association to be a clan -- of course, that would have been with a 'C' and not a 'K'). But I insisted that there was always a cool breeze off the ocean, and since we were off to Six Flags NJ, I'd be just fine as I was (thank you very much).

As soon as we hit the noon hour, I was drenched in sweat and was forced to buy clothes at the Six Flags gift shop so that I didn't die of heat stroke. In addition to having to deal with the fact that the green dyes of the long john shirt had now seeped into the pores of my arms, turning them some odd sickly color, I also had to wear the wife-beater I had just purchased with the amusement park logo of that season on it. My friends, only too happy to put me in my place for having to have listened to my stubbornness earlier in the day, would perform a call and response routine for the rest of the day. One would yell "WANT MORE" (on the front of my new purchase) ... and another would holler out what was on the back -- "NEED MORE". Much to my "delight", that exchange will still happen at random times to this very day (some twenty years later).

SEABREEZE IS MORE THAN AN ASTRINGENT:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/ocean/seabreezes.htm

ALTHOUGH THIS SAYS IT IS DISCONTINUED!:
http://www.medshopexpress.com/039541.html

WANT MORE SIX FLAGS HISTORY? NEED MORE SIX FLAGS INFO?:
http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-homeprofile

No comments:

Post a Comment