July 21, 2010

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/21/10

Rollercoaster Round-Robin.

Used in a amusement park theme week sentence: "I don't pay dues to the club, I'm not a card carrying member, I don't have any favorites as one of my tattoos and I've never bought a picture of me with my hands in the air going past the flash on one of them (has anyone ever seen anyone do anything other than just look at how goofy they are with those shots?) -- but as I age, I do think the best thing about places like Hersheypark and Cedar Point is to simply ignore all others and employ the strategy of doing a rollercoaster round-robin."

So at Hershey -- that means the circuit of Comet-Looper-GreatBear-Sidewinder-StormRunner-Wildcat. (And, since I haven't been there in a few years, apparently I'm missing Fahrenheit!?) And, at Cedar Point, it has to be a multi-day trip to go round to Corkscrew-IronDragon-Magnum-Mantis-Maverick-Magnum-MillenniumForce-Raptor-Magnum-TopThrill-WickedTwister-Magnum (can you tell which one is my favorite there?).

[Warning -- The following people should not do a rollercoaster round-robin: those who are pregnant, those with heart conditions, those with serious back problems, those subject to motion sickness, those with other health problems that may make them more vulnerable to injury and those under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Also, loose articles are not permitted. Cameras, keys, loose shoes, purses, etc. should be held by a non-rider. And ... you must be this tall to ride a rollerscoaster round-robin.]

HERSHEYPARK COASTERS:
http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/results.php?rh=99&pa=99&rt=1

AMERICA's ROLLER COAST:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/index.cfm

MAYBE PREGGERS CAN RIDE AFTER ALL:
http://www.helium.com/items/1101482-is-safe-to-ride-rollercoasters-while-pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment