December 24, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 12/24/16

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... all I want for this darn Christmas is less shaming and more inclusivity.  That can't be too much of a surprise, seeing as how I've been concerned about the rise of the fear of "the other" across the land.

The latest example chapping my hide comes from the local Publix.  Mind you, I'm still awfully fond of the grocery store and it is still my go-to stop for shopping in the area.  I've even found a way to get past their over-reliance on the privacy screens on the periodicals by taking them off the covers with the cleavage showing and moving them over to the ones with the "president"-elect on them.

The reason for my disappointment was in the produce aisle, when I was taken aback by the separation and labeling of certain tomatoes as "uglyripe" ones.  I paused to gather my thoughts, and then spoke to each one, looking it directly in the stem, and repeating a mantra to them about how they were each pretty exactly as they were, and how I wanted them to consider themselves "beautifulripe" tomatoes henceforth.

One day we'll live in a world where all will be accepted for what they have to contribute ... one day there will be no such thing as tomato-shaming ... ONE day ...

LOOK ... YOU CAN BUY UGLYRIPES FROM SANTA!:
http://www.santasweets.com/products/uglyripes.php

SPEAKING OF NO LABELS:
https://www.nolabels.org/

TO BE CLEAR, I DON'T LIVE IN FORT MYERS:
http://www.nbc26.com/news/national-politics/trump-cover-up-man-says-publix-shielded-trump-covered-magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment