December 23, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 12/23/16

Tonight's theme for the 26th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed is "black and white finale reprise" -- because although I said the last time that it was the end of the black and white photos, I found a few more in a different place -- a family history folder I started back in college.  And what with this being the last post of this kind in this year, it just seemed like a good a spot as any to supplement what I was doing -- which means photos of color will definitely start in two weeks ... in 2017.  As for these, let's call them ...

#126:  another family gathering (probably Easter based on the lilies on the table) with my dad and his dad (my grandpa) seated at the head and assorted (unknown) family all around
#127:  my father's father (my grandpa Paul) at a Memorial Day picnic, with "daddy" and "May 30 1966" written on it in my father's handwriting
#128:  the newspaper announcement for Paul and Esther (my father's parents -- my grandparents) about their 50th wedding anniversary in the Reading Eagle dated Oct 31 1971 (a few months before I was born)
#129:  a picture of my dad's mom's parents (my greatgrandparents) sent to me by cousin Suzanne MC, with the elderly man's helper dog prominently featured
#130:  a garden child wedding scene (why I have no idea) featuring, according to my dad's writing on the back:  Tommy, Evelyn (my aunt), Buddy (my dad) and Junior (my uncle) ... I'm guessing Tommy was a family friend, making the whole wedding scene between siblings less creepy -- by the age of my father, this picture is probably from the late 20's
#130b:  another view of the same scene
#130c:  a close up of the four kiddies, with the assumption that my dad is the one with the crooked bowtie on the second from the right









No comments:

Post a Comment