November 15, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 11/15/16

As is usually the case, the cassette being discarded tonight is from the late 80's/early 90's -- at the height of my Columbia House twelve for a penny addiction -- and this classic final album from Genesis (well ... final one that included Phil Collins) makes its way to the rubbish bin.

I've featured songs from this album before on this blog (such as the hits-close-to-home 'No Son of Mine', the epic 'Driving the Last Spike' and the haunting 'Fading Lights'), so I had to look for a different one to highlight as I say goodbye to the cassette (don't worry ... I *also* have the CD in my collection).

With the rise of fanaticism and its entry into politics, I chose the one that includes the lyric:  "Jesus he knows me, and he knows I'm right" -- a cautionary tale of misplaced priorities and the use of religion as a cloak for doing other less Christian things.  Just because.  No particular reason ...

RELIGION FOR SALE!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBb6kkrnIhs

No comments:

Post a Comment