November 26, 2016

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/26/16

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... that's *exactly* what I'm going to do.

And not just for one Saturday out of the month like I normally do to balance out all the other weeks when I rant, but seeing as how it is November and all, I'm going to rave every week of the month in order to honor this season of gratitude.

Over on the Facebook, I'm doing it daily ... and on Saturdays, I'll compile my thoughts for the week so that they are recorded for the blog -- because I'm just following that impulse to express that feeling of kindness received.  To whit:

NOV 20 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for SPARKLING GRAPE JUICE ... 'cause it reminds of holidays past shared with JoAnn (my surrogate grandmother) back in the day. She may not be around for current celebrations, but a glass will be drunk in her honor at holidays meals this season. First up ... tonight's early Thanksgiving feast.

NOV 21 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for THE SUN .. it was 57 degrees on my morning walk. *57*! I was promised that I'd never see anything with a 5 in front of it down here. I managed two blocks before I had to don the wifebeater that I carry with me on my walks. Thanks goodness the sun came out!

NOV 22 --  Today, I am THANKFUL for BEING SIMPLE ... and I don't mean that in any pejorative way ... just that I'm glad I never wanted to join the rats in the race, or to be typed A or B or C or whatever ... that I can just enjoy moments as they happen and make my own happiness and appreciate that which I have. Of course, I will admit to being simple in the most complicated of ways ('cause I do love me a paradox), but when it all boils down -- it's the simple life for me!

NOV 23 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for SLURPEES AT THE 7-11 ... specifically the kind I mix to be 2/3 coca cola and 1/3 wild cherry and specifically the one I got today because I was a good boy and sat still in the chair whilst getting my hairs cut ('cause good boys get treats).

NOV 24 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for YOU ... because if we're connected on the Facebook, that means that at some point in the past, we were actually connected in the real world (hopefully you still remember what that is) for some period of time -- and I wouldn't be where I am and who I am were it not for the people I've met along the way. And I like where I am and who I am ... so I have you all to thank.

NOV 25 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for PEARL JAM RADIO ... 'cause that means I always have something to listen to in the car (specially seeing as how that Billy Joel channel only lasted for a short time.) Channel 22 on your Sirius XM dial!

NOV 26 -- Today, I am THANKFUL for OHIO STATE ... 'cause courtesy of their win today and our victory against them earlier this year, WE ARE ... Big 10 East Division Champions! Feels good! Bring on next week's game!

ON BEING SIMPLE:
http://www.coolnsmart.com/simplicity_quotes/

ON SLURPEES:
http://www.rd.com/culture/slurpee-7-eleven-facts/

ON THE BEST SIRIUS STATION:
https://www.siriusxm.com/pearljamradio

No comments:

Post a Comment