November 25, 2016

Random Flashback for Friday 11/25/16

Tonight's theme for the 24th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed is "turkey day" -- which only seems fitting for this holiday weekend.  I've always thought of my people as "chicken folk", but I've learned through these postings and the stories that have been told that we apparently had a thing for turkeys first.  And there's something about the post WWII family gathering in the last photo that makes me want to be able to listen in to the conversations that day.  As for those turkeys:

#116:  turkey closeups (although front turkey is blurry)
#117:  turkey pen (view 1) says "Dad's turkeys" on the back
#118:  turkey pen (view 2)
#119:  table set for a holiday gathering
#120:  table FULL for a holiday gathering (date of 47 stamped on the back) -- not the best quality with the scratches and the shadows, but I think I can make out (Uncle) Fred down on the left and (Uncle) Paul (Junior) down on the right



No comments:

Post a Comment