October 25, 2016

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/25/16

Let me be clear ... I'm not the most sports minded individual.  The last time I was on an organized sports team was for the one night I was in pee wee football -- and I looked so ridiculous in the costume (I mean uniform) that everyone knew I had no future in that arena.

[Note:  I was also part of an organized bowling group in Chicago for a few years, but that was mostly organized around the bar on site, so ... you know ...]

Since the move from PA to Chicago in 2001, I discovered that watching Penn State games was a cure for homesickness, so I do do that on Saturdays in the fall.

Speaking of Chicago, for many of the years spent there, I lived a spit and a holler away from Wrigley (on the other side of the el tracks from Murhpy's) ... which means I became a Cubs fan.  Or at least I became someone who was aware of how the Cubs were faring from season to season (if only for how games affected parking).  And someone who could open up his window in the fall and hear the singing of the 7th inning stretches time and again.

All that means that, at the risk of being called a poser, I'm going to be cheering on a certain team that has found itself in the World Series for the first time in forever (to be clear, the Chicago team, seeing as how both groups aren't so familiar with the fall ball finale).

Tonight, I repeat the tune that I also featured back on 9/21/11.  Except it's a new video version of it on the youtube that is seasonally appropriate.  How has this NOT gone more viral back home in Chitown?  Go Cubs Go indeed!

GO CUBS GO (THE HALLOWEEN HOUSE VERSION):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rls-KYnI6XM

No comments:

Post a Comment